Why Teach?

Kindergarten Teacher Jobs - Description, Salary, and Education -  Careerthoughts.com

 Growing up, school was never my favorite place to be. I always saw it as a place to be bossed around by teachers and principals instead of a place to learn and grow. It was not until 4th grade that this perspective flipped. I had a teacher that did a full 180 on my attitude towards school. She not only taught me curriculum based things such as math and science, but she also taught me that school is a place to gain knowledge and better yourself and not a place to dread going to. She has truly inspired me to become a teacher and continue to share this same knowledge with my future students. I want my classroom to be a safe space that my students enjoy coming in to learn, as my teacher's classroom was to me. 

My goal as of right now is to teach kindergarten. Kindergarten is a huge developmental grade and I would love to be a part of that. At this age, it is super important for kids to develop a love for learning because they will take that with them for the rest of their lives. There are so many things that need to be instilled into young minds so it is important for teachers of children that are younger, such as kindergarten, to realize this and implement it into their classrooms. I have worked with young kids for years and have developed a passion for teaching them and helping them develop. 

Comments

  1. Hi McKinley,
    You are very fortunate to have had that wonderful 4th grade teacher. Have you heard the saying, "Everything I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten."? Best wishes to you this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stories: Whose are told and whose remain in the margins?

What lengths am I willing to go to in order to do right by every child?

What is worth learning?